Monday, December 3, 2007

Assignment # 10

1. Something in the world that concerns me is bad teachers. It's really surprising to me how many there are and it concerns me when I take into consideration the fact that almost everything that we learn is from our teachers. It also freaks me out because they are the ones who are the bad teachers yet they are the ones who give us our grades! Then those grades are recorded in our record for colleges to see and if they don't like the grades that we are given they don't accept us and it all goes to the teacher that gave us a bad grade for their sucky performance.
2. I know this person who is BOLD beyond BOLD! She always says whats on her mind no matter if you want to hear it or not. She's not trying to be mean she just feels that she needs to let you know. The thing that I like about her is that I know if she didn't care about me that she wouldn't say the things that she does
3. Explain in detail. Something that really inspires me is good music. When I listen to good music ideas, no matter how random they are, start flowing like there's no tomorrow. The music that has been inspiring me the most lately is the sound track from Le Roi de Soliel. Even though it's all in french I feel like I understand whats going on and how the characters feel and that inspires many ideas in my head.

4 comments:

macendz said...

Hey Natalie! Yeah bad teachers worry me as well...like student teachers... in certain first hour classes..AHEM.But its true, we shouldn't have to suffer for bad teaching. Like for the test today, i could have not been in class the whole unit and then done the study guide and done the same as i did. Its not cool at all. haha. And i get what you're saying about music, i love listening to good music once in awhile, its a nice break from rap music and all the played out stuff on the radio, although i like listening to that too.

muna w. said...

hey Nat! i know a girl who is BOLD too. seriuosly she doesn't have a limit to what she says. I agree withg the bad teachers too i had a teacher who was beyond bad last year and it was not cool at all. I love mosic any kind of music works for me as long as its really good. I especially like techno althoughmany people don't like it. haha. Nice blog;)

Digial Thoughts said...

Wat up! yeah i agree with the bad teachers its their fault if we don't get excepted to college. I hate when a teacher is up front teaching and students have to correct her/him. I agree with macendz about the student teachers. I mean they just came out of college and they teach us like that. well great thinking gurl.

Mr. Miles said...

I have had so many teachers in my life, but I sometimes wonder who determines a teacher is bad. I think as students, we have on perspective, then as adults we get a different perspective. Which is the correct one? Who gets to determine?

When I was in college, I had a nutty professor I'll call Dr. A. Dr. A was brilliant, but she drove people nuts because she was always rambling about things that weren't connected to the topic. When I was in her World Lit class, we rarely ever discussed the stories we were assigned to read. She'd go on and on and on about the history of the particular country the story was from, the political climate, the culture. But people complained ALL the time because we rarely discussed the story.

I, however, learned SO much. I mean, I still use things as a teacher that I learned in that class. I now know what she was getting at--We could analyze the literautre ourselves, but she gave us the BACKGROUND to really understanding the characters, which we never could have gotten ourselves.

So, sometimes I think it is a matter of perspective. Do we have the best perspective as students of the teacher or after when we need to apply the skills?

By the way, if anyone has commented on a specific teacher, Natalie, please do erase their comments so no one gets in trouble. Besides, every teacher works so hard, they should at least have that respect, right?