Tuesday, September 18, 2007

When I think of a piece of writing that has influenced me in the past I think of a poem called Animal Crackers. I first read it when I was with my grandma While my parents were at work. She read it to me and made funny voices with the different characters to make it more interesting. I immediately loved the story! Then it was a while since I had even thought about it and I had top bring in a poem to share with the class ( it was 2nd grade). My Grandma pulled out the book and said why dont you pick one out from here and I looked through it and found it.

"The MouseA mouse is such a funny thing, it cannot dance or even sing.It simply stands or runs about, twitching whiskers on it's snoutMaking ladies scream and rant, been known to scare an elephant.Lives around this earthly rock but I've never seen one in a clock."

That is the most important piece of writing to me just because it was fun and goofy when I was a kid and I dont want to forget it!

Do you think Funnier poems are better to read? Why/ why not? Do you have a favorite poem from your childhood?

1 comment:

macendz said...

Hey Natalie. Personally i like to read serious poems, like my favorite poems are the ones my gramma gave to me. But i really like funny ones too, but serious ones are better in my opinion because i think they are meant to be serious-ish.