Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Assignment #3

I am supposed to put on a poem so here is the best one that I have written so far. I hope you enjoy it!

NEIGHBORS

My neighbors drive me crazy
and not just one but two
my neighbors drive me crazy
please tell me what I should do.

Oh, so you want a description
well just sit tight
you'll understand my bickering
heck, I have the right!

First there is Timmy
a lump of a man
his dog barks
his kids bark
he barks
what else can I say
he likes to pop over and chat
in a funny but particular way
first he starts with small talk
then he moves to gossip
I personally don't care for gossip
it moves nowhere fast

Then there's Dave
with bloodshot eyes that are always in a daze
"totally dude!"
is his favorite phrase
his German Shepard Stella
has attacked my dog twice
and it itches its self like it has lice

What? You don't that's too bad
wait there's more

They are always together
morning
afternoon
night
it's non-stop!
and whenever I go outside they are there
walking the dog
they're there
driving
they're there
BBQ'ing
they're there
it's ridiculous!

My neighbors drive me crazy
and hopefully now you see
how these two crazy cooks
have almost got the best of me.


DAISY

Crazy Daisy
two personalities
one dog
how can something have so much intense energy?
with a persistent tail and mouth
she greets newcomers
jumping as if it was the happiest moment of her life
it's what she lives for
sweat simplicity
if only my life was that simple.

3 comments:

macendz said...

NATALIE!! hahahah your neighbors poem is hilarious!!! i like it a lot. it really reflects you because i can picture you just talking about this, but you put it together so well in a poem. This is so you! i can even hear your laugh after every line! haha.The only suggestion is that maybe make the whole thing rhyme? i donno i think its great how it is. very different from a lot of poetry, yours is very entertaining to read!! very nice job girl!

muna w. said...

Natalie! cool poem i like it alot and the way you use the words and how they go together its awesome. its sooo funny and really fantastic. ireally like the part about Timmy and his kids and his dog and how they all bark its really hilarious. i really don't have any suggestions about your poem other than its really awesome. Great job!

Digial Thoughts said...

Fantastic! Your neighdors poem is funny. it almost sounds like my neighbors except their house seems like a zoo they have way to many animals.I guess the poem is about your annoying neighbors and it almost seems like you are accually talking.The strongest lines are when you stop and it seems like you are talking to someone. Yeah, i think i would agree with macandzie about the poem rhyming but i still think its great how it is. You are really good at writing poems keep it you.