Monday, January 7, 2008

Assignment #13

1. A principal that I go by in my life is to value my life. Life is too short to spend it trying to impress everyone else. I know that this is contradictory to what I previously wrote but if you don't do what you want to do and are constantly worrying about everyone else's opinion then you are wasting your life. People who are actors and models and singers didn't get to where they are now because the were like everyone else. They acted as their own person and stood out from the crowd and they have their lives in the spotlight. They are living the American dream. They decided to enjoy life and not hide their energy and are not afraid to love life!
2. What is one news event from the past year or so that has had some sort of impact on you, changed the way you viewed the world, or made you think. Explain what the event was and take us through the process of how it changed you. Write at least 75 words about it.
One news event form the past year that I kind of think about once in a while is all of the issues with Britney Spears. She has always been like my idol and it makes me really sad to see her struggle as much as she is. I think that people need to mind their own business and leave her alone. She has made mistakes but it isn't helping anything by chasing her down with news cameras and making fun of her on comedy shows. I think that its really rude and I think that the news people and the people who are making fun of her are the reasons behind her downfall. Oh yeah and by the way she wasn't that bad in the VMA performance.
3. I hope to finally finish my diet in June of 2008. It has been a goal of mine to loose weight but I never really have had the will power to do it so I finally started again about a month ago and I've lost 15 lbs and I'm hoping to keep going and hopefully I will loose about 30 more before summer. Another goal that I have is to settle on a college to go to. Right now its between River Falls and Mankato State. I really want to go to Mankato but my parents really want me to go to River Falls. I don't really know why I don't want to go there but I just don't. I'm kind of worried that if I don't go to River Falls then I'll miss out on a great opportunity for college but I don't really know what I want.

No comments: